The City paints curbs on a four-year rotational basis that closely follows the street tree trimming schedule. By doing the work in-house, the City is able to ensure consistency, the use of proper materials, and alleviates the problem of unauthorized contractors painting the curbs or soliciting residents about painting their curb. There is no charge for this service.
City streets are swept each week, except private streets and streets without a curb and gutter. Help keep Arcadia's streets clean by keeping leaves, grass clippings, and heavy objects out of the gutter as well as by not parking vehicles in the street on sweeping days.
To report a street light problem, first determine whether the street light is owned by the City or Southern California Edison.
- City-owned lights are labeled with a yellow metal holder securing a black number about 5 feet above the ground.
- Edison-owned lights will have a long, metal tag with a number beginning in "E".
Having determined the ownership of the light, please contact either the Public Works Services at (626) 254-2720 or Southern California Edison at (800) 611-1911. Make sure to have the following information:
- The address or specific location of the light pole
- The street light number of the Edison number
- Nature of the problem (light is flickering, light out, damage to pole)
Public Works Services
Published: December 16, 2019