The Development Services Department/Engineering Division is now open to the public during our regular business hours: Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and on alternate Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Off Site Permits may still be obtained electronically. Call (626) 574-5411 for further information.
Before you Visit:
To adhere to social distancing protocols and to provide a safe workplace for both our customers and staff, the following pre-screening, safety procedures have been enacted:
- Face Mask/Face Covering: A face mask or face covering will be required to be worn at all times during your visit.
Please do not visit if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms including fever, cough, and/or difficulty breathing. For more information regarding the City of Arcadia’s response to COVID-19 along with future updates regarding City events and services, please visit us at ArcadiaCA.gov or contact us at (626) 574-5401. We look forward to assisting you.
NEW FLASHING YELLOW ARROW - DUARTE ROAD AT HOLLY AVENUE TRAFFIC SIGNAL
In the interest of improved safety and efficiency, as a pilot project, a Flashing Yellow Arrow (FYA) for the left turns on Duarte Road at the Holly Avenue traffic signal has been installed. A FYA allows waiting motorists to make a left-hand turn after yielding to oncoming traffic. It tends to be more eye-catching and is a constant reminder to the driver to use caution in yielding to oncoming traffic, as opposed to the solid green light. This new FYA will provide more efficiency for left turners with the permissive left turns allowed in the off-peak hours but could also be turned off during heavy pedestrian activity periods where there is a greater potential interaction with permissive left turners. Be on the lookout as the City plans to install more FYAs at traffic signals throughout town!
The Engineering Division works closely with the Building and Planning divisions to create a seamless process for new development. The Engineering division is responsible for all offsite improvements on new development including traffic controls, street paving, and parkway improvements. The Engineering Division is also responsible for the review of onsite Grading, Drainage and NPDES/Water Quality improvements on new development. All work must be completed per City Standard Plans. If no specific plan, then revert to plans by APWA.
- Review of Grading, Drainage and NPDES/Water Quality improvements on private property
- Administration of Capital Improvement Projects for street, parkway, traffic, pedestrian and bicycle improvements
- Issuance of permits to Utility Companies, and contractors and inspection of work in the Public Right-of-Way
- Administration of Traffic Engineering including traffic signal systems and neighborhood traffic management
- Manage the City’s Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Traffic Signal Control System
Deputy Development Services Director/
Principal Civil Engineer