Traffic & Public Engineering
The Engineering Division works closely with the Building and Planning divisions to create a seamless process for new development. The Engineering division is responsible for all offsite improvements on new development including traffic controls, street paving, and parkway improvements. The Engineering Division is also responsible for the review of onsite Grading, Drainage and NPDES/Water Quality improvements on new development. All work must be completed per City Standard Plans. If no specific plan, then revert to plans by APWA.
- Review of Grading, Drainage and NPDES/Water Quality improvements on private property
- Administration of Capital improvement Projects for street, parkway, traffic, pedestrian and bicycle improvements
- Issuance of permits to Utility Companies, and contractors and inspection of work in the Public Right-of-way
- Administration of Traffic Engineering including traffic signal systems and neighborhood traffic management
- Manage the City’s Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Traffic Signal Control System.
Deputy Development Services Director/
Principal Civil Engineer
Published: October 31, 2019