Planning & Zoning
Electronic Submittal Process
In response to guidance received by federal, state, and local public health officials, Arcadia City Hall will be closed to the public beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, until further notice. In order to serve you during this closure, Planning applications can be submitted electronically via email.
- Step 1: Planning applications and appeal applications can be accessed online at: www.ArcadiaCA.gov/applications
- Step 2: Completed applications and attachments shall be submitted via email to Planning@ArcadiaCA.gov. Currently, there is a 20 MB size limit for incoming emails. Please reduce attachment file size prior to emailing, if possible, or separate email attachments into mulitple emails if your file size exceeds this limit.
- Step 3: Staff will review the application to ensure it is complete. If complete, Staff will notify the applicant on how to make the required payment. *The 30-day application review period will begin once payment is received.
- Step 4: Please call us for further instructions or assistance via telephone at 626-574-5423 or email Planning@ArcadiaCA.gov.
Plan Drop-off/Pick-up: If you need to re-submit plans for corrections/revisions, please call by telephone at 626-574-5423 to set up an appointment to pick up or drop off plans in our designated area. Email resubmittals will also be accepted.
For more information regarding the City of Arcadia’s response to COVID-19 along with future updates regarding City events and services, please visit us at ArcadiaCA.gov or contact us at (626) 574-5401. The City website also now includes a page dedicated to COVID-19.
The Planning Division is responsible for a number of aspects related to the development of the City of Arcadia, including:
- Assisting property owners, architects, and developers with their building projects and providing information and assistance with respect to zoning, development and use regulations.
- Administering State and local regulations governing planning and development practices.
- Assisting the Fire, Police, and Library departments in their design efforts.
- Working with the Planning Commission, the City Council, and citizens in establishing long-range objectives, goals and policies as they relate to development in the City of Arcadia.
Planning & Community
Senior Administrative Assistant