Arcadia Suspends After School Programs
The Arcadia Unified School District (AUSD) announced today that it is closing all schools starting Monday, March 16, 2020 for a two week period. As a result, all City of Arcadia Recreation & Community Services Department after school programs at AUSD schools are cancelled for the same duration of the District’s closure.
For more information regarding the Arcadia Unified School District’s closure status, please visit their website at AUSD.net.
There are currently no reported cases of COVID-19 in Arcadia.
Per the latest information from local, state, and federal public health officials, the risk of contracting the virus remains low. There are steps individuals can take to help minimize and prevent the spread of COVID-19. These include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching face (eyes, nose, and mouth) with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Anyone who was recently in an area that is currently experiencing a high infection rate of COVID-19 and feels sick with a fever, cough, or has difficulty breathing within 14 days after leaving should:
- Seek medical care right away. Before going to a doctor's office or emergency room, patients should call ahead and tell them about their recent travel and symptoms.
- Self-quarantine and avoid contact with others.
- Not travel while sick.
- Cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or their sleeve (not their hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds to avoid spreading the virus to others. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
For more information regarding the COVID-19, please visit any of the following websites:
For more information regarding the City of Arcadia’s response to COVID-19 along with future updates regarding City events and services, please visit us at ArcadiaCA.gov or contact us at (626) 574-5401. The City website also now includes a page dedicated to COVID-19.