Tips to Stay Safe this Labor Day Weekend
As you prepare for the Labor Day weekend, please make sure you celebrate safely, while further reducing the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. We urge you to consider the following 6 tips for staying safe this holiday weekend:
- First, only gather with members of your household this holiday weekend – explore a new trail, picnic at a beautiful park, enjoy the beach early in the day.
- If you are outside of your home and around others, please wear a cloth face covering.
- Always use your own utensils, cups, food, drinks – do not share with others.
- Avoid crowds and be flexible and willing to change plans or move locations if you find yourself in a crowded area.
- Avoid confined spaces, especially places where physical distancing or staying more than 3 steps away from others isn’t possible, and people aren’t wearing face coverings.
- And if you are sick (or have been exposed to someone who is positive for COVID-19), please isolate or quarantine as appropriate.
Please remember, these actions save lives. For guidance, reopening protocols or a list of what is open or remains closed in LA County, please visit LA County's Department of Public Health website here.