Update: LA County Offers Free, Same-Day COVID-19 Testing
LA County is offering free, same-day COVID-19 tests by appointment for all Los Angeles County residents, whether or not you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Symptoms include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
Priority for the same or next day testing is still given to people with symptoms, such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Testing is also prioritized for certain critical front-line workers who interact with the public while working.
If you or a loved is experiencing symptoms, please know the following factors do not affect eligibility for a COVID-19 test:
- Immigration status
- Insurance status
- Underlying health issues
To ensure sites can prioritize people who need it most, ONLY people who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms AND have made an appointment, are eligible for testing at this time. We continue to build our network of testing sites across LA County, and as more sites become operational, we will let you know.
How do I make an appointment?
Appointments are still necessary for COVID-19 testing. Here are the steps for getting a test appointment:
- STEP 1: Visit the website https://lacovidprod.service-now.com/rrs.
- STEP 2: Answer a series of questions. The answers determine if you are eligible for an appointment.
- STEP 3: If you are eligible, you will receive an appointment confirmation number by email.
- STEP 4: Bring the confirmation number and photo ID to your appointment.
For LA County residents with no access to the Internet:
- Dial 2-1-1 for help making an appointment.
For LA County residents without a car:
- You can still get tested! Testing sites can accommodate pedestrians, as long as you have an appointment.
- NOTE: there are NO walk-up appointments available for people who have not registered.
To schedule a test, visit https://lacovidprod.service-now.com/rrs.