Media Advisory: City of Arcadia and ‘Ring’ Invite Residents and Business Owners to Participate in Subsidy Program
Initiative aims to reduce crime in neighborhoods by investing in affordable and effective smart home security for Arcadia residents
Arcadia, CA, October 16h, 2018 - The City of Arcadia today announced its decision to extend its partnership with Ring to provide discounts for local residents and business owners who wish to purchase select home security devices. Funded by the City of Arcadia and Ring, the $25,000 program will enable 500 verified Arcadia residents and business owners to receive a $100 promotional discount towards select Ring security devices.
The rebate program kicked off with a successful launch event on December 5th at the Arcadia Masonic Lodge where hundreds of people purchased discounted devices. GOOD NEWS...there are still subsidies remaining!
How to obtain a Ring Subsidy:
1. Fill out the Ring Participation Waiver and submit it via email to jbrutus@ArcadiaCA.gov along with a copy or picture of your government issued ID (e.g., driver's license, passport). For business owners, please also submit a copy of your business card.
2. After the documents are submitted and approved, you will receive a link via email to obtain your discount codes. The security devices available are listed in the attached Ring Event Product Sheet.
3. Please use your $100 off code as soon as possible to take advantage of the subsidy discount. Receiving a code does not guarantee a discounted device as there are a limited amount of devices available for the program. Codes are valid for a single use only.
About the Program
The rebate program will incentivize the purchase of Ring Video Doorbells and Ring security devices that connect to a user’s mobile device via the free Ring app (iOS/Android). Residents are then notified when the device’s motion sensor is activated or if someone rings their Doorbell; they can also choose to view the camera’s live video feed at any time. Optional video subscription services are available for purchase to residents who want to save their Ring recordings to view or share them at a later time.
City of Arcadia Rebate Program Details
● Discounts will be provided by Ring to confirmed Arcadia residents and business owners, and applied during checkout on www.Ring.com.
● Arcadia residents will have the opportunity to purchase the following devices with a $100 discount off the retail price:
o Video Doorbell 2
o Video Doorbell Pro
o Spotlight Cam Solar
o Spotlight Cam Battery
o Spotlight Cam Wired
o Floodlight Cam
o Ring Alarm Security Kit (5-Piece)
● Ring is also offering $30 off additional security devices with a maximum of two (2) per household or business, and 20% off accessories. Visit Ring's website for product descriptions and specifications.
● Promotional codes are limited to one per household or business and cannot be re-used or applied towards previously purchased Ring products.
● Residents and business owners will also need to pay an additional subscription fee if they would like to save device footage or sign-up for the alarm monitoring service. For more information about Ring’s products, please visit Ring.com/products.
For more information or questions about the Ring rebate program, please contact Jennifer Brutus, Sr. Management Analyst at 626-574-5136 or email jbrutus@ArcadiaCA.gov
About Arcadia Police Department
The Arcadia Police Department is dedicated to protecting quality of life and providing the highest level of service. We will achieve this with a commitment to our oath of office and the principles of the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics in partnership with the community.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, one Los Angeles neighborhood saw a 55 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Doorbells were installed on just ten percent of homes. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Arcadia Ring Program Media Contact
Sr. Management Analyst
P: (626) 574-5136
Ring Media Contact
Public Relations Coordinator, Neighbors