Public Works Services11800 Goldring Road
P.O. Box 60021
Arcadia, CA 91066-6021
General Service: (626) 254-2720
Utilities Service: (626) 254-2700
Fax: (626) 359-7028
Public Works Services Director
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday
6:45 a.m.– 5 p.m.
Friday (Closed alternate Fridays)
6:45 a.m.– 4 p.m.
ARCADIA MUST REDUCE WATER USE BY 20% by 2020
Seasonal Watering Days
Summer (May 1 - October 31):
3 days per week -- Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday
Winter (November 1 - April 30):
2 days per week -- Tuesday & Saturday
Phase I Mandatory Water Conservation Prohibitions are currently in effect and applicable to all water customers:
- No lawn, landscape, or turf areas shall be watered or irrigated between the hours of 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- No lawn, landscape, or turf areas shall be watered or irrigated more than 2 days a week in winter and 3 days a week in summer. The City's watering days are:
- Summer (May-October): TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS, and SATURDAYS.
- Winter (November-April): TUESDAYS and SATURDAYS
- No hose washing of sidewalks, walkways, driveways, or parking areas.
- No washing of motor vehicles, except where the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle or similar device that ceases dispensing water when not in use.
- No water shall be used to clean, fill, or maintain levels in decorative fountains, unless such water is part of a recirculating system.
- No lawn, landscape, or turf areas shall be watered in a wasteful manner.
- No lawn, landscape, or turf areas shall be watered or irrigated during and within 48 hours after measurable rainfall.
- No Arcadia water customer shall permit water to leak from any facilities on their premises.
- No restaurant, hotel, café, cafeteria, bar, or other public place where food or beverage is served or offered for sale shall serve drinking water to any customer unless expressly requested by the customer.
- No hotel or motel shall launder towels and linens of an occupied guestroom on a daily basis, unless expressly requested by the guest.
The Water Conservation Plan is codified in the Arcadia Municipal Code, which can be viewed here. If you have any questions or would like additional information about Arcadia's water conservation program, please contact the Public Works Services Department at (626) 254-2700.
WaterSense Showerhead Rebate
Arcadia residents may apply for a rebate on newly purchased WaterSense labeled showerheads, which have been tested to meet the US EPA's water efficiency and performance criteria. The rebate amount offered is half the cost per showerhead for a maximum rebate of $25 each, up to 4 showerheads per household. For more information and to apply, view the application form.
Pool/Spa Cover Rebate
The City currently offers a rebate on newly purchased pool or spa covers for qualifying Arcadia single-family residential water customers. Pool and spa covers keep out debris and significantly reduce water evaporation and pool chemical consumption.
For more information, view the informational flyer and application form. There is currently no deadline to apply; rebates will continue to be awarded to qualifying applicants on a first come first serve basis. Questions? Contact (626) 254-2706.
Water Efficiency Rebates
City of Arcadia water customers qualify for water saving rebates through the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD). Visit http://socalwatersmart.com to view and apply for a list of residential and commercial water saving rebates.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Visit the WaterSmart webpage to learn how to utilize your Home Water Report to gain a better understanding of your water consumption and save water & money!
Free Irrigation Audit
The City of Arcadia offers free irrigation audits to its residents. Poorly functioning sprinklers and over-watered landscapes waste water and increase the number of pollutants flowing into storm drains. To schedule, please call the City of Arcadia Public Works Services Department at (626) 254-2700.
Helpful Water Conservation Websites:
Tree Care: http://californiareleaf.org
Metropolitan Water District: www.mwdh2o.com/
Save our Water: saveourwater.com
Smart Gardening: www.dpw.lacounty.gov/epd/sg/