Public Works Services11800 Goldring Road
P.O. Box 60021
Arcadia, CA 91066-6021
General Service: (626) 256-6554
Utilities Service: (626) 256-6650
Fax: (626) 359-7028
Public Works Services Director
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday
6:45 a.m.– 5 p.m.
Friday (Closed alternate Fridays)
6:45 a.m.– 4 p.m.
WINTER WATERING SCHEDULE NOW IN EFFECT:
ARCADIA MUST REDUCE WATER USE BY 20%
Seasonal Watering Days:
3 days per week -- Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday
2 days per week -- Tuesday & Saturday
All Phase 1 Water Use Restrictions remain in effect. See below.
In response to the severe drought, the State of California has adopted emergency regulations requiring local agencies to restrict water use. The City Council approved the implementation of Phase I Mandatory Water Conservation Prohibitions, which meet the requirements of the State. These prohibitions are unique to Arcadia and will complement the current voluntary conservation methods residents are already practicing.
Subsequent to the adoption of the Phase 1 Water Use Restrictions, the City Council adopted additional regulations that are in effect now:
- No lawn, landscape, or turf areas shall be watered or irrigated between the hours of 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- No lawn, landscape, or turf areas shall be watered or irrigated more than 2 days a week in winter and 3 days a week in summer. The City's watering days are:
- Summer (May-October): TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS, and SATURDAYS.
- Winter (November-April): TUESDAYS and SATURDAYS
- Limit outdoor watering for sprinklers to 10 minutes per station.
- No hose washing of sidewalks, walkways, driveways, or parking areas.
- No washing of motor vehicles, except where the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle or similar device that ceases dispensing water when not in use.
- No water shall be used to clean, fill, or maintain levels in decorative fountains, unless such water is part of a recirculating system.
- No lawn, landscape, or turf areas shall be watered in a wasteful manner.
- No lawn, landscape, or turf areas shall be watered or irrigated during and within 48 hours after measurable rainfall.
- No Arcadia water customer shall permit water to leak from any facilities on their premises.
- No restaurant, hotel, café, cafeteria, bar, or other public place where food or beverage is served or offered for sale shall serve drinking water to any customer unless expressly requested by the customer.
- No hotel or motel shall launder towels and linens of an occupied guestroom on a daily basis, unless expressly requested by the guest.
The City has implemented a three-step enforcement plan for these Phase I Prohibitions.
Step 1: First Notice - Five (5) days to correct the violation.
Step 2: Notice of Violation - Three (3) days to correct the violation.
Step 3: Refer to Code Enforcement - Issue of citation and/or fines up to $500.
If you have any questions or would like additional information about Arcadia's water conservation program or the Phase I Prohibitions, please contact the Public Works Services Department at (626) 256-6554.
WATER CONSERVATION PROGRAMS
Free Irrigation Audit
The City of Arcadia offers free irrigation audits to its residents. To schedule a free irrigation audit, please call the City of Arcadia Public Works Services Department at (626) 256-6554. Poorly functioning sprinklers and over-watered landscapes waste water and increase the number of pollutants flowing into storm drains. Water is mostly wasted in your garden in months prior to or just after the rainy season when intermittent rains occur and you water plants that do not need the water.
Learn to Read Your Water Meter
Set up an appointment with the City's Utilities technicians to learn how to read your water so you can monitor your water usage and check for leaks. Take control of your water use to save water and money! Call the Public Works Services Department at (626) 256-6554.
Water Efficiency Rebates
City of Arcadia water customers qualify for water saving rebates through the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD). Visit http://socalwatersmart.com to view a list of residential and commercial water saving rebates.
In an effort to help residents reduce water and energy use, the HERO Program was launched in the City of Arcadia. Through the program, homeowners owners can pay off water efficiency improvements through their property tax bill. A wide variety of water saving products are available through the program and applying for HERO is fast and simple. View more HERO program information.
Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
Property owners and developers planning projects with new or renovated landscaping that require a City permit must comply with the Water Efficient Landscaping Ordinance. The Water Efficient Landscaping Ordinance requires smart irrigation controllers and the use of drought tolerant plants. For additional information or questions, please call the Development Services Department at (626) 574-5423.
Visit the WaterSmart webpage to learn how to utilize your Home Water Report to gain a better understanding of your water consumption and save water & money!