Arcadia, CA 91006
Tel: (626) 821-5567
Fax: (626) 447-8050
Director of Library & Museum Services
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday
10 a.m.– 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday
10 a.m.– 6 p.m.
(Closed Sundays & Holidays)
The Gilb Museum is currently seeking a Museum Education Intern to help with our fall programming. Please apply by sending a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com
Time Period: September 2, 2019 – December 6, 2019 / Fall Semester
Reports to: Brittani Alberto, Museum Education Coordinator
Location: Gilb Museum of Arcadia Heritage, 300 West Huntington Drive, Arcadia CA 91007
The Gilb Museum of Arcadia Heritage is seeking a creative and personable individual who can help to plan and implement interpretive programs for the museum. The Museum Education Intern would assist the Museum Education Coordinator in serving as an instructor in the classroom, and help to coordinate outreach programs.
The ideal candidate would use their passion for teaching to help the Museum Education Coordinator in the museum’s fall programs such as the Pop-Up Museum, the Preschool Program, and Dino Day. Candidates must be able to both work in a team and independently.
As a Museum Education Intern you will have the ability to make a lasting impact in Arcadia’s community by helping to educate younger generations.
- Work with the Museum Education Coordinator on the direction and priorities for educational programs
- Help to create dynamic lesson plans and hands on activities for all ages
- Able to conduct independent research on historical topics and local history
- Help to create public relations information and flyers
- Majoring in History, Education, Anthropology, Liberal Arts, Early Childhood Education, English, or similar is desired
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Interest in museums and/or education
- Students in pursuance of a Teaching Certificate may also apply
- Interested in local history
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license
- Should have reliable transportation to and from the museum
Here's what we ask of you
- 10 to 15 hours per week, schedule permitting
- A positive attitude
- A willingness to learn and a desire to excel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite