Arcadia, CA 91007
Tel: (626) 574-5440
Fax: (626) 821-9057
Director of Library & Museum Services
Hours of Operation
Tuesday – Saturday
10 a.m.– 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
(Closed from 12 – 1 p.m.)
The mission of the Gilb Museum of Arcadia Heritage is to collect, preserve and recognize Arcadia's heritage. Generally, the museum collects objects, ephemera, audio recordings, photographs, moving images, and documents, relating to the history of Arcadia with regard for its changing historic sphere of influence in the San Gabriel Valley.
- If you would like to donate an object to the museum, you must schedule a meeting with the Curator, Stevy Acevedo. A minimum of two weeks advance noticed is required.
- Please note that only items related to Arcadia history and heritage will be considered for donation. Documenting, cataloguing, preserving and storing artifacts is very costly and the museum is limited in resources and space. Items are declined if they do not meet the museum’s collecting criteria, if the museum already owns duplicates or owns similar representations, or if condition is poor.
- Accepting items simply because they are “old” is not enough, no matter how fascinating they might be.
- The Curator will decide what will be accepted for consideration. All possible donations must also be approved by the Director of Library and Museum.
- The museum does not accept temporary loans in the Museum collections because of liability.
- The Curator will provide two copies of a "Deed of Gift" - a form that legally and irrevocably transfers ownership to the museum. One copy is retained by the museum, while the other is retained by the donor for his/her records. The Deed of Gift is the donor’s official gift receipt and may be used as proof of donation for tax purposes.
- You are more than welcome to make a financial donation directly to the Gilb Museum at any time.
No Walk-Ins Allowed