Arcadia, CA 91006
Tel: (626) 821-5567
Fax: (626) 447-8050
Director of Library & Museum Services
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday
10 a.m.– 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday
10 a.m.– 6 p.m.
(Closed Sundays & Holidays)
- A Classical Kaleidoscope - A series of free concerts brought you by the Friends of the Arcadia Library - Wed., March 06, & Tue., April 23, 2019 - 7:00 p.m. - Ages 12 and up - limited to first 150 people
- The Art of Chinese Calligraphy - Sat., Jan. 12, 2019, 11:00 a.m. - Registration Required - Adults Only
- Starting and growing your business - A 3-part series providing entrepreneurs & business owners knowledge for long term success.
- Bring the book you are #Currently Reading & let's talk about it! - Sat., Jan., 26, 2019 - 10:00 a.m. @Paris Baguette
- Adult English Conversation Class
- What are we missing? - Tell us which book, movie, music CD, or eBook we are missing, we'll consider adding it to the Library's collection.
- Start Your Movie Night at the Library! - Kanopy Movie Streaming Free with Your Library Card
- Computer Learning Lab
- More free eBooks through Enki
- Teen Zone for grades 9-12 - Mondays to Thursdays during the school year
- Rezone for Middle School / Tweens - Mondays to Thursdays during the school year
- Research Guides
- NEW Online Databases from EBSCO
- Brainfuse HelpNow -- homework help and tutoring
- Brainfuse JobNow -- resume assistance and job searching
- NEW New Hardware for Visually Challenged Persons
- RBDigital Digital Magazines
- Cal Humanities Project honoring Iraq and Afghanistan vets
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Finding Health and Wellness @ the Library: A Consumer Health Toolkit
- Morningstar Investment Research Center
- Libraries: Changing Lives, Transforming Communities
- English Language Learning Referral List (English)
- English Language Learning Referral List (Simplified Chinese)
- English Language Learning Referral List (Traditional Chinese)
- Safe and Courteous Drop-off & Pick-up Zone for Youth
- Computer Classes
- Digital Books and Audiobooks at the Arcadia Public Library
- eBook and Audiobook Clinics
- English Conversational Skills VOLUNTEERS NEEDED <==<
- English Conversational Skills Classes
- California's Library Services for People with Print Disabilities
- Arcadia History Room Featured Historical Pictures
- Friends of the Library
Arcadia Public Library Adult Foreign Film Program
The second Wednesday of every month, except August. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., movie begins promptly at 6:00 p.m. Attendees must be over 17 years of age and are welcome to bring dinner. Dessert is provided until it runs out.
COMING IN DECEMBER:
The Adult Book Discussion Group -- A Potpourri of Books
Read or listen to the book (or as much of it as you can) and join fellow readers to discuss.
The group meets the fourth Tuesday and Thursday of the each month January to October. These free discussions are held in the Library Conference Room and no registration is required.
Finding Health and Wellness @ the Library: A Consumer Health Toolkit
In October 2010, the California State Library launched “Finding Health and Wellness @ the Library: A Consumer Health Toolkit for Library Staff." This online Consumer Health Toolkit has been designed to support the efforts of public libraries in providing quality health information to patrons and promoting wellness in their communities. The Consumer Health Toolkit was developed through a partnership between the California State Library and the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific Southwest Region.
If you have not yet seen the Consumer Health Toolkit, please visit: http://www.library.ca.gov/lds/docs/HealthToolkit.pdf.
Featured Online Database - Gale Virtual Reference Library
Drop Off and Pick Up Location
The official Library designated drop off and pick up place is at the bus shelter in the west parking lot of the Library. Let's have a safe and courteous school year for all!
Please also know the following:
- Park in a designated parking space only
- Use caution when crossing or driving in the parking lot
- Do not block traffic
- Be mindful of the parking time limits and restrictions -- Parking Enforcement will give tickets.
- Please do not park at the red curbs on Santa Anita
Watch this video:
Take time to thank a volunteer!
- Friends of the Library Bookstore volunteers
- English Conversation Class tutors and leaders
- Pasadena Humane Society Barks and Books
- Arcadia Assistance League Assisteen Book Buddies
- Rita’s Italian Ice
- Summer Reading Program Donors
- Volunteers for Public Computers, Circulation Desk, Study Room, Tech Services, Children's Services
- Friends of the Library for generous donations for the Adult Book Discussions, Teen and Children’s Programming
- Arcadia Public Library Foundation for the Classical Kaleidoscope Concerts
- And so many more...
Volunteers are needed to assist with the English Conversation Skills Class:
If you are interested in helping as a Volunteer Leader --
- Are you available to volunteer on Monday Mornings from 9:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. (most Monday mornings, not school holidays) during the school year?
- Can you Speak both English and Mandarin or Cantonese (not mandatory but very helpful?
- Do you like working with people and have a friendly disposition?
Training is provided, no experience is necessary. For those interested in being a Volunteer Tutor or a Student, please call (626) 821-5570
New Hardware* at the Library to Assist Visually Challenged Persons in our Community
The Library received a Pitch an Idea Grant from the California State Library for the purchase of hardware and software for vision or hearing challenged persons in our community.
As part of that grant, we purchased a new Merlin Elite machine that will make print larger. It can be used for reading print in a larger font or to magnify a page so you can see what you are writing (great for filling out tiny print forms).
There is a set of instructions next to the Merlin machine as well. This machine is currently located near the Reference Desk at the first table to the north.Also new, are a large print keyboard in the Tech Center with white keys on a black keyboard and two large key keyboards and large ball mice in the Children's Room, one on a Learning Station and the other on an Internet Station.
* This equipment has been made available as part of a Special Needs and Inclusive Library Services grant that was supported in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
[Go to Top]
Arcadia Public Library is please to be able to offer four new online databases resources. You may access these databases and learn more about what each offers by clicking on the icons below:
Photo Release: All participants in Library programs, events and classes may be photographed or videotaped for Library promotional purposes. Notify Library staff if you prefer not to be photographed.