Arcadia, CA 91006
Tel: (626) 821-5567
Fax: (626) 447-8050
Director of Library & Museum Services
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday
10 a.m.– 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday
10 a.m.– 6 p.m.
(Closed Sundays & Holidays)
Access is important for everyone.
The Arcadia Public Library offers a wide range of assistive technology, materials, and services:
- Merlin Elite
- Magnifier magnifies text from 2.4x to 70x
- Text-to-speech capability, options include speed and English & Spanish languages, and headphones are provided at the workstation
- Download saved images and text-to-speech to your flash drive
- ADA compliant Public Computer Stations with specialized user assistive applications including:
- Magnifier – screen enhancer
- Narrator – text-to-speech capability
- Onscreen Keyboard – alternative to typing
- “Zoom Text” – magnification of electronic print and text-to-speech capability
- Headphones – available from Technology Aides
- As a Braille Institute depository library, registered visually impaired clients can check out Talking Books and exchange faulty machines.
- Large Print Books include fiction, nonfiction and the Reader’s Digest Large Print Magazine.
- Audiobooks on CD are available for check out and can be played on home equipment. Audiobooks can also be downloaded onto a personal MP3 device through the Library’s subscription to OverDrive.
- eBooks are available for download through Overdrive. Once downloaded, some eReaders allow for the print to be enlarged.
- Playaways are lightweight, portable, pre-loaded all-in-one audiobooks with five narration speeds so you can listen at your own pace.
- A Homebound Service is available to Arcadia residents who are unable to come to the Library because of extended illness or physical disability. Neither permanence of the disability nor age is a consideration. As part of the Homebound Service, a Library volunteer will bring you personally selected books and other library materials every three weeks. For more information, call (626) 821-4330.
- Patrons can reach a librarian by phone at (626) 821-5569 or submit a question by text to (626) 275-2010 during regular Library hours. Standard message rates apply. Patrons can also Ask a Librarian through online chat or email at Ref247@ArcadiaCA.gov