Access is important for everyone.
The Arcadia Public Library offers a wide range of materials and services:
As a Braille Institute depository library, registered
visually impaired clients can check out Talking Books
and exchange faulty machines.
- Kurzweil reading machine for use at the Library.
- OPTELEC Spectrum Jr. & Spectrum Color Video
Magnification System that magnifies full color images up to 70
times with exceptional clarity.
- Large Print Books include fiction, non-fiction and the Reader’s
Digest Large Print Magazine.
- Hand held magnifier is available in the Library.
- Audiobooks on CD are available for check out and can be played on home equipment. Audiobooks can also be downloaded onto a personal MP3 device through the Library’s subscription to OverDrive, available on the Library’s website.
- eBooks are now available for download through Overdrive at http://library.ci.arcadia.ca.us. Once downloaded, some eReaders allow for the print to be enlarged.
- Playaways are lightweight, portable, pre-loaded all-in-one audiobooks with five narration speeds so you can listen at your own pace.
- ADA compliant Public Computer Stations with specialized user assistive applications including:
- Magnifier – screen enhancer
- Narrator – text to speech capability
- Onscreen Keyboard – alternative to typing
- Black & White and Color printing through the Library’s public print server
- Internet Explorer, Firefox, Microsoft Office Suite, Open Office Suite, Image & Video Viewers and Editors, Adobe Reader, and other common tools
- Scanner, headphones, and microphone availability
- To schedule One-on-One tutoring or use the TECHAT station, call Adult Services at (626) 821-5569.
- Free Library Volunteer Homebound Service is available to Arcadia residents that are unable to come to the Library because of extended illness or a physical disability. Neither permanence of the disability nor age is a consideration. As part of the Homebound Service, a Library volunteer will bring you personally selected
books and other library materials every three weeks.
- Parenting and Caregiver Resources Booklist
For more information, call (626) 821-4330.