Arcadia, CA 91006
Tel: (626) 821-5567
Fax: (626) 447-8050
Director of Library & Museum Services
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday
10 a.m.– 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday
10 a.m.– 6 p.m.
(Closed Sundays & Holidays)
LIBRARY PROGRAMS, RESOURCES, and SERVICES for ADULTS
Check the What's New page for additional information about these and other programs, resources, and services.
- A Stranger Things Scavenger Hunt - Challenge begins on October 19, 2017
- Bring The Book You Are #CurrentlyReading and let's talk about it! - Sat., Nov. 04, 10:00 a.m. @ Hyper Coffee
- Adult Recess - Upcycled Book Craft Coloring - Nov., 07, 7:00 p.m.
- Computer Classes
- Adult English Conversational Skills Class
- Job searching and homework help for all ages
- English Language Learning Referral List (English)
- English Language Learning Referral List (Traditional Chinese)
- English Language Learning Referral List (Simplified Chinese)
FOREIGN FILM EVENINGS
The Foreign Film Evenings are presented in the Cay Mortensen Auditorium on the second Wednesday of every month, except August. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., movie begins promptly at 6:00 p.m. Attendees must be over 17 years of age and are welcome to bring dinner. Dessert is provided until it runs out.
ADULT BOOK DISCUSSION GROUPS
The Adult Book Discussion Group meets twice each month, on the fourth Tuesday at 10 a.m. and the fourth Thursday at 7 p.m., from January through October. Click on the link above for this year's book list.
INTERLIBRARY LOANSThe Library offers interlibrary loan services. Often books or magazine articles that are not currently in our collection may be ordered from other Libraries. There is a $3 fee for each item for this service. Call (626) 821-5569 for assistance.
"ONLINE" AND "IN LIBRARY" RESOURCES
PUBLIC COMPUTERS, PRINTERS, & WiFi INTERNET ACCESS
- The Library has 50 public computers for Internet browsing, word processing, streaming media, and more using popular applications and software tools, including adaptive technology utilities.
- We have 10 Catalog Only stations for online catalog searches and access to online databases and eResources.
- Public printing is available from all public stations.
- WiFi access is also available throughout the Library for personal devices.
- We have a Library Document Station that will scan documents to a USB or mobile device, personal email, Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox accounts, or Fax.
- Black & white and color copy machines, microfiche/microfilm station, and study rooms are also available.
SPECIAL SERVICESThe Library has resources and technology to help address the Special Needs of our customers. There are also resources available through California's Library Services for People with Print Disabilities. Please talk to a Librarian to learn more about or if you have a need for these services.
The Arcadia Public Library has been a Federal Depository Library since 1975. As such, we are committed to connecting the residents of the 26th Congressional District with governmental publications, information, and services.