Arcadia, CA 91006
Tel: (626) 821-5567
Fax: (626) 447-8050
Director of Library & Museum Services
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday
10 a.m.– 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday
10 a.m.– 6 p.m.
(Closed Sundays & Holidays)
- Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- We are closed every Sunday.
- We are closed on the following holidays in 2019: 1/1, 2/18, 5/27, 7/4, 9/2, 11/11, 11/28-11/29, 12/25.
20 West Duarte Road, Arcadia, CA 91006
Southwest corner of Duarte Road and Santa Anita Avenue
The Library staff may be reached during business hours by telephone at:
- General Information - (626) 821-5567
- Adult Services Desk - (626) 821-5569
- Account Services Desk - (626) 821-5571
- Children's Services Desk - (626) 821-5566
Library Services available at all times:
- Book Drops in parking lot or at front door for returned items.
- Online Catalog for searching, placing holds, or renewing items.
- Online databases for reference or research.
- Online ebooks, audiobooks, digital magazines for downloading, reading or listening.
THE MISSION OF THE ARCADIA PUBLIC LIBRARY
It is the mission of the Arcadia Public Library to provide full and equal access to materials and services that meet the educational, informational, historical, and individual interests of a diverse community.
The Arcadia Public Library operates out of a single 48,000 sq. ft. facility containing more than 206,000 items including books, magazines and newspapers, compact discs and DVDs.
We also provide access to the Internet, ebooks, electronic subscription databases, our online Catalog, and a variety of useful software applications from more than 50 public computers and our Library-wide wireless network.
With almost 500,000 visitors annually, our Library staff--consisting of 18 full-time, 7 permanent part-time, and 18 part-time aides--is available to assist patrons with any of these resources. A wide variety of programs and activities are offered to children, middle schoolers, teens, and adults.
The Library's Auditorium (maximum seating of 150, maximum assembly of 200, maximum dining of 120) is used regularly for Library and other City Departments' programs, but is also available to community groups for a rental fee. For information on scheduling exhibits in our Display Cabinets or private events in our Auditorium, please contact the Library at (626) 821-5573.
Arcadia Public Library Board of Trustees
The Library Board of Trustees for 2018/2019 is:
|Miriam Carter||Chair Pro Tem
The regular meeting of the Library Board of Trustees is held on the third Thursday of each month at 4:30 p.m. in the Conference Room of the Arcadia Public Library unless designated in the agenda.
The Library is a member of the Southern California Library Cooperative, allowing Arcadia residents to have access to other libraries in Southern California.