Reserve Firefighter Volunteer Program
The City of Arcadia is continuously seeking recruits for the position of a Reserve Firefighter.
The Arcadia Fire Department (AFD) Reserve Firefighter Volunteer Program (“Reserve Program”) consists of Reserve Firefighters who have trained and graduated from a California State Fire Marshal approved Firefighter I Academies, and who contributed their time to gain experience and training to achieve a Firefighter I status with the California State Fire Marshal.
The AFD Reserve Firefighters serve the Fire Department and the community as volunteers in preparation for a career in the fire service. The Reserve Program has a two-year term starting from date of hire.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- State Certified Fire Academy
- EMT - Los Angeles County Certified
- CPR - Red Cross or American Heart Certification
- Valid California Driver's License
- Bittle or CPAT Physical Exam
One (1) 24-hour shift per week.
Application Submission and Process
If the applicant has met all the requirements indicated above, follow the application process below:
- Download a Reserve Program application or contact the Arcadia Fire Department at (626) 574-5100.
- Submit the completed application with resume in person, by mail, or email to Captain Mike Stratton, Reserve Firefighter Coordinator.
By Mail or In Person*:
Arcadia Fire Department, Station 105 Headquarters
ATTN: Mike Stratton, Fire Captain
710 S. Santa Anita Avenue
Arcadia, CA 91006
*If submitting in person, Station 105 is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and alternate Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Once the application has been accepted and reviewed, the applicant will be contacted to participate in a testing process, which will include, but is not limited to, an oral interview.
- Upon a successful testing, the eligible applicant will be contacted by the Reserve Program Coordinator and will be placed in an eligibility list ranked based on his/her overall testing score. The eligibility list will be good for one (1) year.
- Prior to being hired as a Reserved Firefighter, the successful candidate must pass the Arcadia Fire Department's background and medical exams.
For interested applicants and/or you would like further information about the Arcadia Fire Department’s Reserve Firefighter Volunteer Program, please contact: