Arcadia, CA 91007
Tel: (626) 574-5415
Assistant City Manager/ Development Services Director
Hours of Operation
7:30 a.m.– 5:30 p.m.
Friday (Closed alternate Fridays)
7:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
Why Do We Have Code Enforcement?
Arcadia is known for beautiful neighborhoods and high property values. To help maintain this excellent reputation the City has adopted a number of laws and regulations over the years that allow everyone to live, work and play in a healthy, safe and pleasant environment.
The Code Services Division monitors and enforces these laws to correct problems. Some of the issues subject to code enforcement include:
- Overgrown weeds and unkempt lawns
- Lack of landscape
- Building maintenance
- Lack of pool maintenance - green pool
- Trash containers stored in public view or left at curbside after day of collection
- Parking of vehicles on unpaved areas
- The posting of advertisements, posters, flyers or signs on utility poles, trees, signposts and medians
- Illegal signs, banners, and pennants in commercial and industrial zones
- Poorly maintained windows, house paint, trim, garage doors, wood siding, and other housing deterioration
- Inoperable or dismantled vehicles stored in public view
- Discarded household furnishings and inoperable appliances
- Holiday lighting
- Unoccupied Residences
- Short-term Rentals
Trash, green-waste, and recyclables are collected on Wednesdays, City-wide. Trash containers should be placed at the curb for pick-up no more than 24 hours prior to collection day and removed 5 a.m. the day after pick-up. The containers may be out if someone is actively using it while gardening or performing other property maintenance, but are to be put away they step stop working. See Arcadia Municipal Code Sections 5120.5.1, 5120.5.2, 9402.6.P.7.
The City's Unoccupied Residence Registration Ordinance went into effect May 5, 2017. Ordinance No. 2346 establishes regulations and registration requirements for unoccupied residences in the City. An unoccupied residence is a building or structure intended for use as a single family residence that has been vacant for a period of at least 30 days. The registry provides the City with a reliable contact when issues such as property maintenance or health and safety matters arise at the residence. Property owners of unoccupied residences are required to register their property with the City. See Ordinance No. 2346. Register an unoccupied residence here:
Short-term rentals, home sharing, and the advertisements of these uses are strictly prohibited in the City. Renting out a room or an entire residence for less than 28 consecutive days is not allowed. See Ordinance No. 2348.
The Arcadia Municipal Code
The Arcadia Municipal Code contains all of the ordinances (laws) adopted by the Arcadia City Council and/or the voters of City of Arcadia.
Filing a Code Enforcement Complaint
Complaints regarding code enforcement issues may be filed with the Code Services Office online, in person, by mail or by telephone. To file a complaint:
- Give the location of the problem with street name and address
- Provide a detailed description of the nuisance (e.g. weeds, broken window, etc.)
- Please provide your name, address and telephone number. This information is kept confidential, but having it enables the Code Services to contact you if they need more specific information or to advise you of the results of their investigation.
Report Shopping Carts
If you see a stray cart in your neighborhood, please call (888) 787-CART (2278) or request for a cart retrieval online here:
Request for Graffiti Removal
If you see graffiti within the City limits, please note the location and call the Graffiti Hotline at (626) 821-4333 or report online here:
You can also report graffiti on your mobile app! The Arcadia Graffiti Reporter is available to download for both Apple and Google phones through their online stores.