Connecting with the Community
The Communications and Marketing Division is an information link between the City Council, City staff, the community and the media. The Division is charged with the responsibility of planning and implementing a comprehensive communications program that includes the City Newsletter, the City website, brochures, flyers, special events, community enhancement programs, media relations, public awareness campaigns, cable television and more.
The Division works with the City Council and all City departments to:
- Ensure consistent quality, thoroughness and effectiveness in City public information materials and programs.
- Inform the community of the critical issues confronting City government as well as Arcadia’s programs, services and special events.
- Explain the process of local government to residents and business owners and inform them of how they can participate.
- Promote City Council and departmental goals, initiatives, programs and services.
- Keep the City Council and City staff informed so that they are able to better serve members of the community.
- Make the use of City programs and services as easy and comfortable as possible.
- Serve as an information source and maintain an open line of communication and a positive working relationship with and between residents, the business community, the media, elected officials and City staff.
- Help create community pride among citizens and positive identification with their city.
- Build upon our existing good relationship with the press so that they can serve as a credible source of information on City activities.