Connecting with the Community:
The City of Arcadia's public information function serves to provide a critical link between the City Council, City staff, the community, and the media. The City Manager's Office is charged with the responsibility of planning and implementing a comprehensive communications program that includes the City Newsletter, the City website, brochures, flyers, special events, community enhancement programs, media relations, public awareness campaigns, cable television and more.
- Ensure consistent quality, thoroughness, and effectiveness in City public information materials and programs.
- Inform the community of the critical issues confronting City government as well as Arcadia’s programs, services, and special events.
- Explain the process of local government to residents and business owners and inform them of how they can participate.
- Promote City Council and departmental goals, initiatives, programs, and services.
- Keep the City Council and City staff informed so that they are able to better serve members of the community.
- Make the use of City programs and services as easy and comfortable as possible.
- Serve as an information source and maintain an open line of communication and a positive working relationship with and between residents, the business community, the media, elected officials and City staff.
- Help create community pride among citizens and positive identification with their city.
- Build upon our existing good relationship with the press so that they can serve as a credible source of information on City activities.
Assistant to the City Manager
Published: January 06, 2020