FRAUD ALERT - Utility Scam Calls
The City of Arcadia would like to warn Arcadia utility customers of recent scam calls. Arcadia utility customers have reported that scammers have contacted them by phone directing them to immediately pay a large past due bill or their utility service will be disconnected. The scam caller then directs customers to purchase prepaid gift/money cards and provide the serial numbers on the back of the card to the caller.
The City of Arcadia does NOT, and has never, notified customers of their account status by phone. The City of Arcadia will NEVER:
- Demand payment or ask for your credit card information over the phone to settle past due utility charges
- Instruct you to obtain prepaid gift/money cards or conduct wire transfers for payment
- Arrange to meet with you in person to obtain payment
The City of Arcadia only notifies its utility customers of their current water or sewer account balance by U.S Mail. The City only accepts the following forms of payment for water and sewer utility services:
- In person at City Hall or the Public Works Services Department during normal business hours
- Online through the City's secure self-service payment website
- By mail, inserting a check or writing a one-time credit card number on the back of your bill, and addressing payment directly to:
- City of Arcadia Cashier's Office, 240 W. Huntington Drive/PO Box 60021, Arcadia CA 91006-6021
- Through a secured "Night Drop Box" located in the City Hall parking lot for payments received after normal business hours
- Through the City's Sure Pay Program
For more information on the City's accepted forms of payment and additional payment programs, please visit Arcadia Utility Billing.
If you receive a call instructing you to pay outside of the payment options listed above, it is a scam. If you have any concerns about your City of Arcadia water and sewer utility account, please contact the Arcadia Public Works Services Department at (626) 254-2700.