November Rain Barrel Event
- Date: 11/04/2018 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Let's kick off the water year with rain barrels! Capturing and reusing water is an excellent way to practice water conservation, plus, rainwater is the softest water in nature.
- You can wash your car, pets, or water your garden with it.
- By capturing rainwater, you're diverting stormwater runoff from carrying pollutants to the ocean.
- You're reducing your water footprint and improving self-sufficiency!
Order quality rain barrels online at www.RainBarrelsIntl.com. All of the barrels are recycled, food grade barrels acquired before they are disposed of into landfills. It is a WIN - WIN situation all the way around. Please help our environment by not only saving water but by keeping these barrels out of landfills.
- Dimensions vary slightly - approximately 40" tall with 23" diameter
- 55 + gallon capacity (some barrels slightly larger)
- Brass ¾" spigot for garden hose attachment
- Side brass overflow where a hose can be attached
- Made from recycled plastic food grade barrels
- The screen on top is a tighter weave than a mosquito screen
Rain barrels purchased online will be available for pick up on Sunday, November 4 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. at the Arcadia Public Library parking lot. If you prefer to reserve your barrel and pay at the door, simply mention it in the 'Comments' section of the order form. Payment accepted during pick up: check, cash, credit/debit.
There will be a fantastic class hosted at the Floretta K. Lauber Museum Education Center from 2:00-3:00 p.m., where best practices, rebate application instructions, and SGV Vector Control mosquito prevention tips will be shared.
Additionally, take advantage of the $35 after-purchase rebate at socalwatersmart.com. The rebate is limited to two barrels per household for a maximum rebate value of $70.