Annual Slurry Seal Project
The City of Arcadia has awarded a contract to Doug Martin Contracting, Inc. for the 2016-2017 Annual Slurry Seal Project. Slurry work will commence on July 11, 2017 and is anticipated to be completed by August 11, 2017.
|Week 1:||July 11 - 14|
|Week 2:||July 17 - 21|
|Week 3:||July 24 - 28|
There will be days during the project that various streets and/or alley ways will be closed to all vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Please note that dates may be subject to change. Please refer to the City's website for the most up to date schedule information.
What to Expect:
- “No Parking” signs will be posted to indicate the date and time that roads will be closed.
- No parking or driving will be permitted on your street on the day your street is slurry sealed. (Emergency and safety vehicles are excluded from this restriction.)
- Road closures will remain in effect for approximately ten hours (7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
- Slurry sealing will not take place on weekends.
- Mail and trash services will be coordinated with the City’s service providers and will resume as usual.
- Large Delivery trucks will not be permitted to drive on your street or to deliver large items on the day your street is slurry sealed.
- Road slurry sticks to bicycles, cars, clothes, and shoes. Please do not walk, ride, or drive on fresh slurry until the road is open to traffic.
For more information, please contact Jan Balanay, Project Manager, at (626) 254-2726 or the Public Works Services Department at (626) 254-2720.